Hi, my name is Carla. I'm a freelance illustrator.
1986 vintage. Absolutely in love with mid-century modern design. Rule of thirds practicant. Vectors & China Ink are my raw materials.
I started as an art director in advertising agencies in 2011 but I flew away a year after. I've been working as a freelance since then. As a worldwide illustrator thanks to JSR Agency. And as a graphic designer mostly in Spain.
Biggest accomplishment: My very first client, the first one who trusted me, still works with me nowadays. Pure love. Appearances on any best illustrators lists go on a second position, hands down.
Side gig: Miami Ad School Madrid design teacher.
LIST OF SELECTED CLIENTS
- British Airways
- EMI Records
- The Sunday Times
- The London Magazine
- Moments Magazine
- P&O Cruises
- Cafés La Estrella
- Pernod Ricard
- Phillip Morris
- beIN Sports
- AXN Channel
- Paramount Comedy
SELECTED AGENCIES, EDITORIALS AND STUDIOS I'VE WORKED WITH
- "DRAWN Vol. 1 - The Best illustrators Worldwide". Crooks Creative.
- "200 Best Illustrators Worldwide 16/17". Lüerzers Archive.
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
- "The Future of Journey". BeCurious Gallery, Madrid. 2017.
- JSR collective works exhibition. CHI & Partners, London. 2016.
- "Slowdating". La Despensa, 2014.
- "Multiplayer". Exhibition at the Gallery in the Redchurch St., London. 2013.
ACADEMIC & LECTURES
- "ILLUSTRATION & ADVERTISING". Guest Speaker at UEM. Madrid, 2014.
- "THE ILLUSTRATED BRIEF". Workshop at the European University of Madrid, 2016.
- Creative Department ( McCann & Erickson, Madrid).
- Campaign Concepting (BBH New York).
- Campaign Concepting (Concept Farm New York).
- Art Direction (Portfolio Program / Miami Ad School Madrid & New York).
- BA in Advertisement & PR (European University of Madrid).
- BA in Audiovisual Communication (European University of Madrid).